United Way of Wells County has established a priority on ensuring that all children are ready to enter Kindergarten. There are many programs and activities that center around early learning. United Way is continually looking for ways to strengthen school readiness in all of our school districts. The programs that are currently included are:
- 90by20 Initiative - how everyone can be involved in preparing our children to enter kindergarten ready to learn
- Imagination Library - a free book each month from birth to age 5
- Kindergarten Readiness Calendar - Do you have a 4 year old? Stop in the office or contact the Office Assistant to receive a calendar.
- Pre-school scholarships - contact your pre-school for more information
- Kindergarten Countdown - a boost to be ready to enter kindergarten in August
- We use the reading mascots to help convey these messages – Blossom the Book Butterfly and Walter the Word Worm.